I had an idea that perhaps I should consider limiting my posts about working with the CNC to one day a week. But I doubt that is a resolution I’ll stick to for longer than 5 minutes!
I spent the day carving out a bunch of nested designs from MakeCNC.com, on their Australian Animal series. I’ve put together one so far (a Bilby), and have cut out the cockatoo, kangaroo, croc, frilled neck lizard, and a bunch of others- about 6 to go of the 16 in total. I’ll post more about them (including pics) when I have them together in the zoo.
In the meantime, I finished the spitfire for my daughter’s school. This was also cut out of 12mm MDF (as was the pteradactyl), and has a wing span of about 1.4m
The last is shot with a bottle, to give a bit of a sense of scale. Solid thing! I engraved the wings before they were cut out using a v bit. Rather cool all told (found here)- almost tempted to make another to the same size to hang in the shed (and have it painted up).
Speaking of painting things up, that is what my daughter decided to do today. So with a bunch of acrylic paints, she first undercoated, then painted a couple of the models I made for her yesterday. The came up really well! Really adds an extra dimension to the models.