Had a fair amount to get on with today, getting ready for the electrician as much as anything (although I still haven’t planned the GPO layout yet – have to be tomorrow.)
After trying to work out the order things needed to be done in, I realised that one of the difficulties was having the SawStop still in its box, still on the pallet. I didn’t have time to go through a full setup, but I did manage to:
1. Get the mobile base from under the previous tablesaw (that was a bit of a mission in itself, being over 200kg, and in restricted space in the garage).
2. Size it to fit the base of the SawStop
3. Set up, and film the first stage of the SawStop setup, up to the point that the saw is out of the box, upright and sitting on the mobile base. I’ll continue the process when I have more time to dedicate to it. At least the saw is now mobile, and it sure looks good – black is definitely the new black where it comes to workshop machinery!
Next, I decided removing a couple of purlins would make life a lot easier, so off they came. The benefit of a steel structure, held together with heavy-duty screws.
I managed to get the sheets up there – bit of a combination of angles, rope, and brute force. With the mezzanine at 2800, it was a bit of an effort even so. The sheets are only 33kg each, just cumbersome.
At the moment they are only sitting up there – I will fix them down later once the final building permit is signed off, and then the attic stairs installed. They look raw underneath, but I have a solution to that.
This was the first chance to see what the shed looks like with the overall vertical view blocked, and it is fine – not too closed in. Benefit of having a high ceiling.
I still haven’t decided whether to run the floor right to the edges (which needs more than the 3600 length the redtongue comes in), or to stick with the current length and secure it down. Decision for another day.
This is what I’ve bought to lay down under the flooring, so it looks the business from the ground. Has some minor insulating properties, but I got it because it looks like the existing insulation on the walls, and is a good reflector, maximising available light in the shed.
Speaking of lights, this is how I am installing them on my own. A MagSquare. And specifically the 50mm. It comfortably holds the light fitting in place until I can get the self-tappers in.
With the main and rear sections done, it looks pretty good. All in line, spacing about right. Double tubes per fitting should make for plenty of light. Each fitting has a standard 3 pin plug end (which is the flex you can see hanging down), so wiring them in will be easy.
Not looking as wide as it will when fully assembled, but there is a real presence in the workshop…..
Filed under: Manufactures and Suppliers, Shed, Shed Build, Tools | Tagged: Festool, Flooring, Fluoros, Lighting, Mezzanine, Redtongue, Router Table, Sawstop | 4 Comments »