Impending dislocation

Just one more weekend to go before our move to our new home. Goes without saying, it has been a busy time preparing the place. Seems like I have spent weeks painting, repairing, plastering, gardening.

I have tried to pack the shed in the meantime, and have made some progress on it, but seems there is still a lot to do. Once the house contents have been moved, I am hoping it will get a bit easier as I will be able to start moving the large machines out of the shed ready for their date with a crane truck ;) It will make what is left a bit easier to see, and a lot easier to get to!

It is a poor photo (I ran out of light before I had a chance to snap a pic), but the sort of thing I have been doing around the place are all the jobs that I have been meaning to get to for years, such as a handrail on the back steps

20130304-012136.jpg

Came up well, and it is nice and solid. Much of the shaping was done on the tablesaw (a drop saw or SCMS would have been preferable). I used the Arbortech TURBOPlane to shape one end. Screwed together using the new Kreg screws I got in the Kreg toolbox, and my doubts over the combo head (designed to use either Robinson square drive or Phillips) was confirmed. They are a lot more prone to slippage- the Phillips drive slots allows the square drive to be,able to slip under torque.

So one last weekend. The list of things to do is still long and illustrious, but it is getting shorter, slowly.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,631 other followers

%d bloggers like this: