It has been a few months since we finished the cot, ready for a final sand and oil, and of course it’s young occupant!
So my colleague took the cot home, then disassembled it into components as we designed it. He then proceeded to run multiple passes (and grades) of sandpaper (on a random orbital sander) over the cot, then applied Organoil’s Hard Burnishing Oil over it. The result is awesome :), and MJ (aka new Dad) sent these photos through.
As the oil is applied, you can really see the beauty of the grain in the Tassie Oak, and the colour come out.
I love this one – the before and after shows up the details of the piece, and the colour and features of the timber.
So it all came together, and what a difference a little finishing makes!
So here it is – the first cot that I have turned out, and MJ has done a great job finishing it off. Hope the bub gets lots of sleep! I’m really pleased with the outcome, and MJ should be equally so :)